De Kievit De Kievit
Dit is het forum van scoutsgroep de Kievit.

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Insider Darren Dreger,

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De Kievit -> Site en forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-03-2019 03:59:20    Onderwerp: Insider Darren Dreger, Reageren met citaat

TORONTO - For the fourth time on this home stand the Blue Jays enjoyed a lead of at least three runs. They lost, overall a fourth in a row, while dropping their record to 1-3 in those games in which the offence has gotten off to a hot start. Brandon Morrow and the newly-recalled Chad Jenkins were the culprits in a disastrous third inning which saw the Red Sox score six times to erase a 3-0 deficit en route to a 7-6 victory. "I came in with one goal and that was to pitch late in the game and keep us in it," said Morrow. "I let down the team in a big way today." Morrow flirted with disaster from the get-go, walking two Red Sox in each of the first two innings only to escape with double play ground outs. After two quick outs in the third, it all unraveled as Morrow walked four-straight hitters to force in Bostons first run. Manager John Gibbons had Morrow on a short leash and promptly called for the newly-recalled Chad Jenkins, who immediately gave up back to back home runs, a grand slam to A.J. Pierzynski and a solo shot to Will Middlebrooks. "He just didnt throw strikes, its pretty simple," said Gibbons of Morrow. "Its a simple solution. Weve been walking way too many guys all year. I mean everybody. Thats unlike us. Weve got some strike throwers." The afternoons eight walks ran the pitching staffs season total to 99, second-most in all of baseball. After Morrows brief outing, which felt much longer than its 2 2/3 innings would indicate, Torontos starters have given the club 127 2/3 innings of work, an average of just less than 5 1/3 innings per game. The four clubs which trail the Blue Jays are nipping at Torontos heels and each has played fewer games. Gibbons, with 138 games left to play, isnt about to panic despite his clubs obvious weakness, a starting rotation which was thought to be a problem when everyone reported to Dunedin more than two months ago. The skipper closed ranks. "You know what, I mean this is a team," said Gibbons. "Its not hitters against pitchers. Its 25 guys. Im not going to get caught up in all this … weve been struggling in certain areas. Its no secret. But were going to get better." Theyre going to have to get better. Much better, in fact, with the schedule about to bombard them with 20 consecutive games starting Tuesday until the next off day on Monday, May 19. You dont want your best left-handed reliever pitching the seventh inning when youre trailing by four runs, for example, as Brett Cecil had to on Saturday. Back to Morrow, who has pitched six innings only once this year, reached five innings twice and on two occasions hasnt made it to the end of the fourth. Hes had issues controlling his fastball dating back to spring training. Most of his fastballs on Saturday were up. "Its embarrassing to not be able to command your fastball," said Morrow. "I had decent command of the other stuff. I threw my curveball for strikes, threw the split for strikes for the most part. I was just wild with the fastball, mainly arm side and up. Thats number one which I have to do. Command the fastball to be successful." Pitching coach Pete Walker was ejected in the third inning for arguing balls and strikes during a mound visit with Morrow. Home plate umpire Jeff Kelloggs strike zone was small but it went both ways. "He voiced his frustration a little bit out there," said Gibbons. "Nothing wrong with that." Morrow wasnt looking for excuses. "A lot of my pitches didnt miss by just a fraction of an inch," said Morrow. "I was all over the place for a lot of it. Its not a good feeling when you can take the blame for the game and place it squarely on your shoulders." The offence mounted a comeback, scoring twice off Junichi Tazawa in the eighth and once, on a solo home run by Jose Bautista, off Boston closer Koji Uehara in the ninth. The Jays had the tying run at second and the winning run at first when Edwin Encarnacion lined out to centerfield to end the game. Toronto will turn to R.A. Dickey on Sunday as the Blue Jays look to avoid a Red Sox sweep. The man with the unpredictable pitch is tasked with bringing some predictability to the starting rotation. Cheap Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the Maple Leafs have trade offers on the table for the 26-year-old, but none have been deemed acceptable by the team. Authentic Chiefs Jerseys China . The team let Keaton Ellerby, James Wright and Matt Halischuk become unrestricted free agents after declining to make them qualifying offers. Ellerby, 25, appeared in 51 games for the Jets last season and had two goals and four assists. http://www.cheapchiefsjerseysauthentic.com/ . There, I saw a teenaged boy with tears in his eyes, being consoled by strength and conditioning coach Randy Lee. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys . Marie rink got back in the win column at the Olympic mens curling tournament with a 7-4 win over the host Russian squad on Wednesday. Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys China . And fellow Leaf, Jake Gardiner, hiking in Whistler.ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Former Italy coach Cesare Prandelli signed a two-year contract Tuesday to become the new manager of the Turkish club Galatasaray, two weeks after resigning following the Azzurris disappointing group stage exit at the World Cup. Prandelli, who guided Italy to the final of the 2012 European Championship, announced he was stepping down immediately after the teams 1-0 loss to Uruguay on June 24 knocked it out of the World Cup. He said at the signing ceremony in Istanbul that he didnt have another job in mind when he quit the team after four years in charge. "I wasnt even in the mood for signing with a team. I didnt have such thoughts," he said. "Howevver, we got together with the (Galatasaray) club president and I saw that the only thing they wanted was success and a team focused on success.dddddddddddd I also thought that Id like to see myself on the field and be successful. So, I didnt have any second thoughts and just said yes." Prandelli said his aim is to win the Turkish league again and go deep in the European Champions League. "My first goal is to form a winning team. A Galatasaray which not only plays an eye-pleasing football but is also focused on winning and reaching its goals," he said. Prandelli replaces Roberto Mancini, who left Galatasaray last month after just nine months in charge. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De Kievit -> Site en forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: